You might be from St. Louis if…
I received an e-mail from a friend that had some “Jeff Foxworthy” style observastions about St. Louisans, so because I grew up here…I thought I’d share:
If someone mentions “The Landing” and it has nothing to do with the space shuttle, you might…
live in St. Louis.
- If you have switched from ‘heat’ to ‘A/C’ in the same day and back again, you might live in St. Louis
- If you design your kid’s Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you might live in St. Louis
- If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph — you’re going 80 and everybody is passing you, you might live in St. Louis
- If you’ve ever skipped school, work, or even a court-date because you had tickets to an afternoon Cards game, you might live in St. Louis
- If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you might live in St. Louis
- If someone says concrete and you think of Ted Drewes instead of pavement, you might live in St. Louis
- If you drive 75 miles through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard for some White Castles, you might live in St. Louis
Make sure to comment with your “You might be from St. Louis” observations! Can’t wait to see ’em!