A lot of the time, margaritas can taste like a great big jug of acid sugar, but if you make a margarita with all fresh ingredients–including agave nectar from the plant which Tequila is made from–a margarita can be a beverage Aztec gods.
Agave Nectar Margarita
- 2 ounces agave tequila, blanco
- 1 ounce orange liqueur (Triple Sec or Cointreau)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 -2 tablespoon agave nectar to taste
- splash orange juice or nectarine juice or satsuma juice
- ice cube
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients except ice. Add enough ice to come to the top of the liquid. Blend on high until smooth.
2. If desired, serve in a salt-rimmed margarita glass or garnished with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.