Cinco De Mayo: Top 10 Tasty Mexican-Inspired Cocktails For Your Fiesta (page 7)
One of our favorite drinks on a hot summer afternoon, the Michelada gives you a nice, cool buzz without the overwhelming drunkenness of a few midday cocktails.
- 1/2 lime
- Coarse salt
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash soy sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 dash Maggi seasoning, optional
- 12 ounces beer, preferably a dark Mexican beer like Negra Modelo.
1. Squeeze the juice from the lime and set aside. Salt the rim of a highball glass by rubbing it with the lime and dipping it in coarse salt. Fill with ice.
2. Add lime juice, Worcestershire, soy sauce, Tabasco, pepper and Maggi, if desired.
3. Pour in beer, stir and serve, adding more beer as you sip.
[Source: Serious Eats]