Komen Race for the Cure: Traffic Info
All those attending the Komen Race for the Cure Saturday in downtown St. Louis will need to be aware of several closures that could impact getting to the event. If you’ll be joining us downtown for the race, click for important traffic and lane closure info…
Clearly — with 60,000 to 70,000 participants expected in this year’s Komen Race, and these kind of impacts on traffic on the highways — getting into downtown early on Saturday morning, is a good idea.
One method to consider is MetroLink.
- In the city of St. Louis, crews will close all lanes of westbound I-64 from the Poplar Street bridge to 20th Street beginning at 8 a.m. Saturday for bridge repairs. The closure will end at noon Sunday.
- From 5 a.m. to 2 p.m., the eastbound I-64 exit ramp to Market Street/Bernard and the exit ramp to 20th Street and Chestnut will close for the race.
- During this same time, the westbound I-64 exit ramps to 21st Street and Market, and the exit ramp to the 3000 block of Market will also close for the race.
- Southbound I-270 drivers will experience a traffic shift between Dorsett and Page due to work on the I-270 bridge over Marine Avenue. Four lanes of southbound I-270 will be open, but traffic will be split with two left and two right lanes open but narrowed. The speed limit will be 45 miles per hour 24 hours per day. These congestion impacts will be in place through July and then work will switch to northbound I-270. The exit only lane on southbound I-270 from Dorsett Road to westbound Page Avenue is closed, but the ramp is open. Motorists wishing to exit must be in the right lane of southbound I-270.
- This weekend, work will continue at the I-270 and I-44 interchange. Two lanes will be closed northbound I-270 between Gravois and I-44 for the bridge repairs to the Rott Road and I-44 bridges. Motorists should avoid the area if possible especially during the day on Saturday. Alternate routes include Lindbergh and Route 141. Once the lanes are reopened by 5 a.m. Monday, all traffic lanes on northbound I-270 will be shifted to the right side of the interstate.
- Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-55, St. Louis City, Delor Street across I-55 is closed for bridge replacement.
- I-55, St. Louis City, Holly Hills across I-55 is closed for bridge replacement.
- I-64, St. Louis City, eastbound 11th Street exit ramp closed weekdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.,
- I-70, St. Louis City, reversible lanes closed until July
- Grand Ave, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- I-170, St. Louis County, Delmar Boulevard across I-170 is closed for bridge replacement.
- I-270, St. Louis County, exit only lane closed southbound from Dorsett to westbound Page through July.
- Route 94, St. Charles County, eastbound Route 94 closed from Little Femme Osage Creek to Francis Howell High School.