Are You Prepared?: Bon Appetit’s Thanksgiving Checklist
It’s Thanksgiving time! Are you ready to baste some turkey, give thanks for your loud but lovable family, make a wish on a wishbone and scarf down some pumpkin pie?
Probably not as ready as this Bon Appetit Thanksgiving prep list will make you!
Click NEXT to read the Thanksgiving checklist!
TWO WEEKS AHEAD
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- Plan on serving a fresh, not frozen, turkey. Order it and schedule pickup or delivery for sometime after November 22.
- Confirm your Thanksgiving guest list by checking in with the regulars and inviting anyone new.
Friday, November 11, 2011
- Work out a menu. obviously, do the family favorites but experiment with new recipes.
- Pick up some turkey wings on the way home from work, in preparation for making and freezing a big batch of turkey stock.
- Start planning your table decorations.
- Create one big master shopping list, dividing it into three sections: buy-now nonperishables (wine, canned pumpkin, and even a frozen turkey, if you opt for one); items for the one-week-ahead grocery run; and perishables to buy on November 23 or 24.