It’s Thanksgiving time! Are you ready to baste some turkey, give thanks for your loud but lovable family, make a wish on a wishbone and scarf down some pumpkin pie?
Probably not as ready as this Bon Appetit Thanksgiving prep list will make you!
Click NEXT to read the Thanksgiving checklist!
[getty id="59750" title="Turkeys Roam On California Farm Ahead Of The Holiday Season (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)" src="http://cbskyky.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/107075523-385x248.jpg"]
TWO WEEKS AHEAD
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- Plan on serving a fresh, not frozen, turkey. Order it and schedule pickup or delivery for sometime after November 22.
- Confirm your Thanksgiving guest list by checking in with the regulars and inviting anyone new.
Friday, November 11, 2011
- Work out a menu. obviously, do the family favorites but experiment with new recipes.
- Pick up some turkey wings on the way home from work, in preparation for making and freezing a big batch of turkey stock.
- Start planning your table decorations.
- Create one big master shopping list, dividing it into three sections: buy-now nonperishables (wine, canned pumpkin, and even a frozen turkey, if you opt for one); items for the one-week-ahead grocery run; and perishables to buy on November 23 or 24.