‘American Idol’ Producers Have Eyes Set on Obama?
Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe has asked President Obama if he would like to perform [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Al Green[/lastfm]’s “Let’s Stay Together,” live on a taping of American Idol. The President performed a brief rendition of the song at a recent Apollo Theater fundraiser, which led to a whopping 490% increase in sales of the single. So maybe he does have some pull with the musically inclined in the country, and we know that Idol‘s ratings haven’t been so hot in recent seasons, but does Lythgoe really think that a presidential cameo appearance will help?
Lythgoe tweeted the following to the commander-in-chief earlier this week:
We’re sorry, but we don’t think Obama can spring for this one… even if he wanted to grow his constituency by connecting with the Idol audience, he’s just got better things to do! So we won’t be surprised if he declines the offer.
Regardless, he’s got a great voice! Watch the video below…
What do you think? Would you be more enclined to watch American Idol if the President took the stage with Al Green?
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Play Scrabble for the Lolz: Board Game Adds Thousands of New Words
- Memorial Day Cocktail Recipes
- Nickelback Are Wanted By Australian Police for ‘Crimes Against Music’
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’ Video Broke Vevo’s Record for Most Views in 24 Hours
- 26 Delicious Songs You Can Bring on a Picnic, from A to Z
- The Top 10 Places Americans Are Visiting This Memorial Day Weekend
- WATCH: David Letterman’s Final Goodbye Hits All The Right Notes
- Top Waterparks and Pools In St. Louis
- Trish’s Dishes: Grilling Tips from Kenrick’s
- Justin Bieber’s Karaoke Rendition of His Song ‘Baby’ Is Pretty Delightful