Top Ten Love Songs That Always Work (page 2)
#5. Barenaked Ladies – “If I Had a Million Dollars”
Why? Because you need to break up the serious “I can’t live without you” stuff with a little humor. Who wouldn’t fall for a man who would buy her some art (like a Picasso or a Garfunkel)?
#4. The Proclaimers – “Sunshine On Leith”
Why? My heart was broken. Sorrow, sorrow, sorrow. You saw it, you claimed it, you touched it, you saved it. Seriously, who wouldn’t fall in love with a guy toting this song (and, of course, diamond earrings.)
#3. Sam Cooke – “You Send Me”
Why? Nothing like a bonafide classic to cement the deal. This one actually sounds pretty good following “Sunshine On Leith.”
#2. The Four Tops – “Ain’t No Woman (Like the One I Got)”
Why? ‘Cuz there ain’t no woman like the one you got, isn’t that right?
#1. John Lennon – “Grow Old With Me”
Why? Is there a more beautiful sentiment, especially given how John departed from Yoko’s life? [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Mary Chapin-Carpenter[/lastfm]‘s version works, too.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- VIDEO: Greg Tests Out “Kid Friendly” Trick-Or-Treat Jokes On Co-Workers
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Trish’s Must See Minute: Halloween Prank
- Trish’s Trash: New Movies this Weekend
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Kids Telling Jokes, It’s What Halloween is All About in St. Louis