Top Ten Love Songs That Always Work (page 2)
#5. Barenaked Ladies – “If I Had a Million Dollars”
Why? Because you need to break up the serious “I can’t live without you” stuff with a little humor. Who wouldn’t fall for a man who would buy her some art (like a Picasso or a Garfunkel)?
#4. The Proclaimers – “Sunshine On Leith”
Why? My heart was broken. Sorrow, sorrow, sorrow. You saw it, you claimed it, you touched it, you saved it. Seriously, who wouldn’t fall in love with a guy toting this song (and, of course, diamond earrings.)
#3. Sam Cooke – “You Send Me”
Why? Nothing like a bonafide classic to cement the deal. This one actually sounds pretty good following “Sunshine On Leith.”
#2. The Four Tops – “Ain’t No Woman (Like the One I Got)”
Why? ‘Cuz there ain’t no woman like the one you got, isn’t that right?
#1. John Lennon – “Grow Old With Me”
Why? Is there a more beautiful sentiment, especially given how John departed from Yoko’s life? [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Mary Chapin-Carpenter[/lastfm]‘s version works, too.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Win Tickets To Mannheim Steamroller!
- Viral Video: This Elderly Gentleman Can Still Dance
- Adele Awarded Five-Figure Sum In Case Over Son’s ‘Milestone’ Photos
- U2 Might Still Release New Album In 2014
- Text Topic: Your Fears Or Phobias…
- Happy National Hot Dog Day!
- Trish’s Trash: St. Louis Reality Show Premieres Tonight!
- Trish’s Trash: Aviva Doesn’t Have a Leg to Stand On (Literally)
- Downton Abbey Renewed For 5th Season
- HBO Reveals Trailer, Release Date for Beyoncé & Jay Z ‘On the Run’ Concert Special