Taylor Swift Invites New Jersey Teen To ACM Awards
Last week, a teen fighting cancer for the second time asked Taylor Swift to be his date to prom. Though she couldn’t make it to his prom, the singer invited him to be her red carpet date instead.
“Kevin, I’m so sorry but I won’t be able to make it to your prom. But I was wondering, the ACM Awards are coming up.. Would you be my date?” she wrote on her Facebook page.
CBS Philadelphia was with 18-year-old Kevin McGuire at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia when he received the news. Watch the video after the jump.
“I’m just trying not to throw up,” he said. “I don’t know what to say.”
Once reality set in, he let CBS know his answer.
“Taylor I would love to go with you. Thank you,” McGuire replied.
When McGuire told his sister Tori about his worries that no one would want to attend prom with someone who is bald, she mentioned Swift.
“I said what if I got Taylor Swift to go to the prom with you? His eyes lit up for the first time since he was diagnosed,” Tori said.
His sister started a Facebook petition asking Swift to attend prom with her brother. With nearly 80,000 members on Facebook Friday and #TeamKevin trending on Twitter, the McGuires anxiously awaited a response from Swift.
“I just wanted to make the last part of his senior year very special,” his sister said.
Having just accepted his red carpet offer, the ACM Awards will no doubt be a memorable night for McGuire.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- VIDEO: Greg Tests Out “Kid Friendly” Trick-Or-Treat Jokes On Co-Workers
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Trish’s Must See Minute: Halloween Prank
- Trish’s Trash: New Movies this Weekend
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Kids Telling Jokes, It’s What Halloween is All About in St. Louis