Beyonce To Star In Musical By “Glee” Creator
Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg have all signed on to star in “One Hit Wonders,” a movie musical by Ryan Murphy. Paltrow, Witherspoon & Diaz will play ’90s divas who recorded one hit before their careers tanked and who decide to get together to form a supergroup. Samburg and the Lonely Island will create original music. No information is currently available on Beyonce’s role in the project.
All these ladies have tackled singing roles on film before. Beyonce had an unforgettable star turn in Dreamgirls. Paltrow made her vocal movie debut in Duets and has become a recurring character on “Glee.” Witherspoon won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. And Diaz notoriously offered up her take on terrible karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Ryan Murphy will write, direct and produce the film. He is best known as the creator of “Glee” and “American Horror Story,” as well as the writer/director of Eat Pray Love.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- More Adorable or Hilarious? Kiddos Losing The Battle Against Sleep
- Neon Trees Relive Personal History for ‘First Things First’ Video
- Avril Lavigne Tries to Go Big in Japan for ‘Hello Kitty’ Video
- Watch A Great Big World Fall in Love, Long Distance in ‘Already Home’
- Lorde Postpones Upcoming Tour Due To Chest Infection
- PHOTOS: The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Visit Australia
- Trish’s Trash: Celebs on Facebook and Twitter
- Dating Red Flag You Missed or Ignored…
- Blues Regroup After Blackhawks Disgrace Themselves And NHL
- PHOTOS: 126th Annual White House Easter Egg Roll