Beyonce To Star In Musical By “Glee” Creator
Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg have all signed on to star in “One Hit Wonders,” a movie musical by Ryan Murphy. Paltrow, Witherspoon & Diaz will play ’90s divas who recorded one hit before their careers tanked and who decide to get together to form a supergroup. Samburg and the Lonely Island will create original music. No information is currently available on Beyonce’s role in the project.
All these ladies have tackled singing roles on film before. Beyonce had an unforgettable star turn in Dreamgirls. Paltrow made her vocal movie debut in Duets and has become a recurring character on “Glee.” Witherspoon won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. And Diaz notoriously offered up her take on terrible karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Ryan Murphy will write, direct and produce the film. He is best known as the creator of “Glee” and “American Horror Story,” as well as the writer/director of Eat Pray Love.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Light Up Paris with ‘Young Forever/Halo’ from HBO’s ‘On The Run’ Special: Watch
- Win Tickets To #WCS In LA
- Trish’s Trash: A Catfight! Fall TV Tonight
- Porcelli’s Pets: Mackie
- We Can Survive 2014: Taylor Swift, Pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande and More
- First iPhone 6 Buyer Shows Off On Live TV, Gives New Meaning To “Breaking News!”
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- The Polar Express Visits Union Station this Winter