Beyonce To Star In Musical By “Glee” Creator
Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg have all signed on to star in “One Hit Wonders,” a movie musical by Ryan Murphy. Paltrow, Witherspoon & Diaz will play ’90s divas who recorded one hit before their careers tanked and who decide to get together to form a supergroup. Samburg and the Lonely Island will create original music. No information is currently available on Beyonce’s role in the project.
All these ladies have tackled singing roles on film before. Beyonce had an unforgettable star turn in Dreamgirls. Paltrow made her vocal movie debut in Duets and has become a recurring character on “Glee.” Witherspoon won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. And Diaz notoriously offered up her take on terrible karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Ryan Murphy will write, direct and produce the film. He is best known as the creator of “Glee” and “American Horror Story,” as well as the writer/director of Eat Pray Love.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Duck Dynasty Musical Debuts in Las Vegas
- 7 Bizarre Items for Sale on Etsy
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- CASTING CALL: Who Knows Who Game Show
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Michael Bublé Is in Hot Water with the Internet, Accused of Body Shaming Woman on Instagram
- Did Michael Bublé Just Body-Shame A Woman On Instagram?
- Woman Caught Cheating In Go! St. Louis Marathon
- Top Family-Friendly Bike Trails In St. Louis