Bobbi Kristina Talks To Oprah About Loss, Legacy, And Her Plans To Sing
In Bobbi Kristina’s first public interview since the death of her pop star mother, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], she spoke to Oprah Winfrey about coping with the loss and her own plans to enter show biz.
“I gotta carry on her legacy,” Bobbi Kristina said. “I still have a voice…We’re gonna do the singing thing. Some acting, some dancing.”
When Oprah commented about the pressure a move into show business could bring, Bobbi Kristina responded, “It’s a lot of pressure but she prepared me for it.”
The interview, which aired this weekend on Oprah’s Next Chapter, also included interviews with Whitney’s brother and his wife, Gary and Pat Houston. Pat, a confidant of Whitney, is also the executor of her estate, offered some insight into Houston’s relationship with Bobby Brown, including the allegations that it was Brown who introduced Houston to drugs.
“I don’t think that’s true,” Pat said. “There was always so much outside interference, making it difficult for them to have a good relationship. You’re talking about two people who started out in the business very, very young.”
Pat also spoke about the last time she saw Whitney and how she reacted when she discovered her dead body.
“I know they had to pull her out of [the tub],” Pat said. “I could not leave her. I saw them cover her up and I knew that was it. I knew that that was it. Looking at her and watching that, I still could not believe it. I could not believe it. [Bobbi Kristina was down the hall]. I just had to keep my calm. One of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, but I had to do it.”
When asked about her final thoughts, Bobbi Kristina painted a more positive image of her mother.
“Now she literally is an angel,” Bobbi Krisinta said. “But everyone wanted to say she was something she wasn’t. I saw her hurt, I saw her cry and I helped her through that. We held each other through that. So many people saying so many other things but they don’t really know who she was. Everything people are saying about her, all that negativity is garbage. That’s not my mother that’s not who she is.”
–E. Parker, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Bryan Cranston’s Awesome Recreation Of The MLB Postseason
- Kanye West, Lorde Reportedly Getting Together in the Studio
- Credit Union’s Car Giveaway
- Family Movie Night – Frozen
- Bono Calls U2’s Surprise iTunes Album Release ‘Punk Rock': ‘Annoy People and Get in Their Faces’
- Prince Releases New Song ‘Funknroll': Listen
- Another Great Lip Sync Battle On The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon
- Related Questions: Ne-Yo – ‘She Knows’
- Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Lip Sync Battle Jimmy Fallon with ‘Endless Love': Watch
- will.i.am Debuts New Eyewear Line, ill i. Optics