Adele Details New Diet Routine, Hits Another Milestone
After a health scare last year, Adele decided to start a new training regime. The songstress quit smoking and reportedly wants to drop two dress sizes before summer.
According to the Sun, Adele has been working out with a personal trainer twice a week and has taken up Pilates.
“But although she is keen to drop a few pounds, she has been telling pals she doesn’t want any weight loss to give the wrong impression to her female fans,” the Sun reports.
Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld’s received criticism after he commented on Adele’s weight earlier this year.
Billboard reports Lagerfeld told Paris’ Metro paper that Adele was “a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice.”
He later rescinded his words.
“I know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance,” he said. “Adele is a beautiful girl. She is the best. And I can’t wait for her next CD.”
Madonna lashed out on Lagerfeld’s remarks and told the Sun it was “the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.”
“I don’t like it when anybody says anything bad about anyone — I don’t like it. Adele’s a great talent and how much she weighs has nothing to do with it,” Madonna said.
With ongoing mentions to Adele’s size, the singer shared her thoughts recently in a magazine interview.
“I’ve never seen magazine covers or music videos and been like, ‘I need to look like that to be a success.’ I don’t want to be some skinny mini with my t-ts out.”
In recent news, Adele’s 21 has been named the seventh best-selling album in the U.K. “21 has now sold 4.14 million copies in the U.K., making it the seventh best-selling album ever,” the Guardian reports.
Three weeks ago her release surpassed Michael Jackson’s Bad. If another 12,000 copies are sold Adele is bound for launching to U.K.’s No. 6 album ahead of Dire Straits’ Brothers in Arms.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- First iPhone 6 Buyer Shows Off On Live TV, Gives New Meaning To “Breaking News!”
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- The Polar Express Visits Union Station this Winter
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings
- Trish’s Trash: Lots of Premieres Next Week for Fall TV
- Trish’s Trash: New Movies This Weekend
- U2 is Working on Another Surprise Project With Apple