Katy Perry Premieres “Part Of Me” Video
The premiere of Katy Perry’s latest, “Part of Me,” is a big affair that garnered the pop star a 30 minute special on MTV following the video’s first airing. The war-torn clip is a far cry from what the world expected, given the mass speculation online that it is about her ex, Russell Brand. The concept of the video takes the viewer about as far away from that conceit as possible.
Perry does play a woman scorned by a cheating partner in the video, but her character in “Part of Me” shakes it off by joining the Marines in a bid to claim her independence. In a live interview with MTV Perry said, “For 3 days I was a wannabe Marine which was so difficult. Can I tell you how much, so much more respect I have for men and women in service?”
Perry further referenced her influence in creating this video by G.I. Jane. She said, “I’m kind of like an all or nothing kind of girl and that is definitely the case with this video.”
The video was directed by Ben Mor, who has previously helmed videos for the Black Eyed Peas, Nas, and T.I.. Perry debuted “Part of Me” on the 2012 GRAMMYS. The song is from her forthcoming album Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, out March 27th.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Duran Duran Headlining Unveiling of the New Mazda Miata
- ‘CMT Crossroads’ Snags John Legend, Lee Ann Womack for Next Episode
- “Be The Match” on September 6th and Help Save A Life.
- Trish’s Trash: Mr. & Mrs. Pitt, DWTS Rumors
- Lady Gaga Joins Queen and Adam Lambert for “Another One Bites the Dust” Live: Watch
- I Hate To Break It To You But, Hello Kitty Is Not A Cat!
- Single Again: Semisonic – ‘Closing Time’
- Miley Cyrus and 5 Other Musicians Who’ve Used Award Shows as Protest Signs
- Is Tony Soprano dead? David Chase finally answers
- Aaron Paul’s Shout Out Crashed The “Kind Campaign” Website