Maroon 5 Announce Release Date For New Album “Overexposed”
Maroon 5‘s fourth studio album, Overexposed is due for a June 26 release. The album was executive produced by Max Martin while Benny Blanco and Ryan Tedder produced additional tracks.
The band expressed their excitement for the LP in a press release.
“Overexposed is definitely one of our most diverse and poppiest albums yet,” frontman Adam Levine said. “We had a great time recording it. I can’t wait for our fans to hear the record, as well as hitting the road to play it live for everyone later this year.”
Following the success of “Moves Like Jagger,” the band decided to approach this album differently.
“‘Moves Like Jagger’ was the first time we ever worked with an outside writer, so we decided to try it some more on this record,” James Valentine said. “At this point in our career I think it was a good thing to completely mix up our process and it yielded good results, as well as a more collaborative spirit within the band.”
In addition to outside writers, Maroon 5 has collaborated with other artists in the industry on the LP. Wiz Khalifa will be featured on “Payphone.”
“We wanted to make something that sounded contemporary with the elements of a lot of early eras of pop music. This is our most “pop” record ever and we weren’t shy about really going for it,” Valentine said.
Maroon 5 will hit the road in May for select U.S. tour dates before going overseas later this summer.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Click here for more info on Maroon 5’s upcoming album, Overexposed.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Delicioso! Here’s How To Make A “Pizzadilla!”
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Trish’s Trash: Taylor dishes on Adam Levine and Waterfalls done by Bette
- Trish’s Trash: New Movies in Theaters
- Ellen And Fergie Play “Heads Up”
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- Rule #1 Of Today’s Partial Solar Eclipse: DON’T LOOK AT IT!
- Suntrup Kia South Dealership