Cee-Lo Green Breaks Down In Tears During “The Voice”
The Voice has been gaining fans week by week, and it seems that the attachment to its artists continue to grow. We’ve seen fans around the world showing support for their favorite contestants by blasting hashtags on twitter, changing their profile pictures on Facebook, and taking to the web to proclaim their loyalty to specific teams.
We often see the emotional attachment that judges Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Blake Shelton, and Christina Aguilera feel towards the artists they are mentoring closely week to week, but last night proved to be more than anyone expected when Cee-Lo broke down into tears while watching two of his team members sing Journey’s “Faithfully.”
I wasn’t really crying there was something in both my eyes…I’m a man dammit:)
— Cee Lo Green (@CeeLoGreen) March 27, 2012
The song was written by Jonathan Cain, Journey’s keyboardist, and the 2nd single off of their album Frontiers, “Faithfully” is a song about a man on the road. It’s describes the roller coaster of experiences he has while on tour, trying to balance raising a family, keeping the love alive with his lady at home, and remaining faithful.
We can only imagine how much it resonates for a man like Cee Lo.
It comes as no surprise that Cee Lo would pick a Journey song considering the success the band has had with their music. Their single “Don’t Stop Believin” is the best selling digital song ever, with over 2 million downloads worldwide. The album that brought us this amazing hit, Escape, is also a nine-time platinum selling record. The band took a break from 1984-94, coming back with a new singer in 1998 and continue to tour to this day.
-Sasha Huff, 97.1 AMP Radio
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Ariana Grande May Be on Nicki Minaj’s ‘The Pinkprint’
- 12 Days of Trish-Mas: Easy Holiday Recipe
- Peter Gabriel Debuts New Song ‘What Lies Ahead’ Live in Italy: Watch
- Sting to Attempt to Right Broadway ‘Ship’
- Katy Perry Promises Lots of Glitter & Kittens at Her Super Bowl Halftime Show: Watch
- Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars Brought the ‘Funk’ to ‘SNL’: Watch
- Ariana Grande Gets a Little Love Advice from Kris Kringle on ‘Santa Tell Me’: Listen
- One Direction Win Big at 2014 American Music Awards
- Porcelli’s Pets: Autumn
- Register to Win Tickets to Ring of Fire: The Music of Johnny Cash