Cee-Lo Green Breaks Down In Tears During “The Voice”
The Voice has been gaining fans week by week, and it seems that the attachment to its artists continue to grow. We’ve seen fans around the world showing support for their favorite contestants by blasting hashtags on twitter, changing their profile pictures on Facebook, and taking to the web to proclaim their loyalty to specific teams.
We often see the emotional attachment that judges Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, Blake Shelton, and Christina Aguilera feel towards the artists they are mentoring closely week to week, but last night proved to be more than anyone expected when Cee-Lo broke down into tears while watching two of his team members sing Journey’s “Faithfully.”
I wasn’t really crying there was something in both my eyes…I’m a man dammit:)
— Cee Lo Green (@CeeLoGreen) March 27, 2012
The song was written by Jonathan Cain, Journey’s keyboardist, and the 2nd single off of their album Frontiers, “Faithfully” is a song about a man on the road. It’s describes the roller coaster of experiences he has while on tour, trying to balance raising a family, keeping the love alive with his lady at home, and remaining faithful.
We can only imagine how much it resonates for a man like Cee Lo.
It comes as no surprise that Cee Lo would pick a Journey song considering the success the band has had with their music. Their single “Don’t Stop Believin” is the best selling digital song ever, with over 2 million downloads worldwide. The album that brought us this amazing hit, Escape, is also a nine-time platinum selling record. The band took a break from 1984-94, coming back with a new singer in 1998 and continue to tour to this day.
-Sasha Huff, 97.1 AMP Radio
Latest from fresh1025.com
- American Kennel Club Releases List Of Most Popular Dog Breeds
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- Kelly Clarkson Says Her Husband Is the Only Person She’s Ever Truly Loved
- Kid Rock Is Being Attacked By Bees
- Missy Elliott, Pharrell Working on New Music
- 5 Songs That Leonard Nimoy Sang Like a Boss
- Leonard Nimoy Dead at 83
- ‘Live Long and Prosper': Leonard Nimoy Dies at 83
- Top Dog Parks In St. Louis
- Trish’s Trash: House of Cards is back, New Movies in Theaters and New Shows on TV