New Matchbox Twenty Album Coming in September
Rob Thomas has gotten Matchbox Twenty fans very excited. He announced via Twitter (@ThisIsRobThomas) on March 27 that the band’s new album will be released this September with a single to precede it in June. Titles for both have yet to be revealed.
to answer a lot of questions: new @MatchboxTwenty single in june and album out in september.
— Rob Thomas (@ThisIsRobThomas) March 27, 2012
It will be the first new music from the band since 2007’s Exile on Mainstream, a retrospective of Matchbox Twenty’s hits that also contained six new songs.
According to their label, Atlantic Records, the band is once again working in the studio with Matt Serletic, who has produced all of their studio albums (Yourself or Someone Like You, Mad Season, More Than You Think You Are, Exile on Mainstream) plus both of Thomas’ solo releases (…Something to Be and Cradlesong).
According to another tweet from Thomas last week, he and the band were in the middle of planning all promotional support for the album, which will includes a tour.
– Heather Stas, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Missing Sisters Survive for 2 Weeks on Girls Scout Cookies!
- Witherspoon & Vergara Lip-Sync to Miley & Taylor on Instagram
- Prom, Performance & A Date: 8 Celebs Who Crashed a High School Party
- Taking Your Kid to a Pink Concert Is a Totally Fine Parenting Move, Judge Rules
- Nate Ruess Debuts New Song ‘AhHa': Listen
- Teen Sets World Record by Solving Rubik’s Cube in 5.25 Seconds
- How ‘Uptown Funk’ Was Written: Watch
- Amy Winehouse’s Family Slam ‘Amy’ Documentary as ‘Misleading’
- 10 Signs You Come From a Huge Family
- Pet Of The Week: Coltrane