Cover Of The Week: Hall & Oates’ ‘I Can’t Go For That’ In Moving Vehicle
A new viral video cover of the Hall & Oates classic “I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do)” gives refreshed meaning to the term “driving music.”
In the clip, San Francisco band Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers take on the 1981 No. 1 single from H&O — all while in a moving vehicle. Navigating those cumbersome instruments in a small space while navigating the roads is no easy feat. Watch below.
Yes, their van is visibly in motion, driven by front woman Nicki Bluhm. But don’t worry, they’re wearing their seat belts. This is old hat for the emerging act: “I Can’t Go For That” is the 17th classic cover Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers have recorded on an iPhone in their van while traveling between gigs. No car accidents… so far.
-Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- HALLOWEEN PREP: Updated “Kid-Friendly” Trick-Or-Treat Joke List
- #NationalCandyCornDay: Delicious Recipes
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life
- The Rolling Stones Releasing New Photo Book With Sticker Shock-Inducing Price Tag
- Elton John to LGBT Communities Regarding HIV/AIDS: ‘Wise Up’
- Taylor Swift on Why ‘1989’ Song ‘How You Get the Girl’ Could Result in a Restraining Order: Watch
- This Lady Has Hugged A Half Million Soldiers
- Wake Up To The Best Breakfast Sandwiches