Madonna Launches New Fragrance And Stumbles Into Controversy
Next month at Macy’s department stores around the country, Madonna will kick off a new fragrance that holds a special place in her heart. For the singer, the sense of smell is particularly important. She believes that it her own sense of smell helps her to remember her late mother, who died at age 30 in 1963 when young Madge was only 5 years old. The new fragrance is based on a combination of scents that remind her of mom.
The pop singer called the combination “honest and yet daring,” in her Facebook chat with Jimmy Fallon and the name of her new fragrance, Truth or Dare, was born.
Despite the scent’s sentimental beginnings, the New York Post reports that ABC have already declined to air the ad as is, deeming it too suggestive. The network reportedly requested certain standards changes, but even with those in place the Disney-owned TV network are said to only air the ad after 9PM.
-Andrew Celani, Mix 104.1/Boston with additional reporting by Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Meet One Direction’s New Member Ray
- Rihanna’s New ‘Rogue’ Fragrance Meant to Smell Like Falling in Love
- Saint Louis Ballet: The Nutcracker
- Aretha Franklin Says Unauthorized ‘Respect’ Biography is ‘Full of Lies’
- Pharrell to Star in Fairytale Chanel Campaign, Drops Original Single with Cara Delevigne
- Ariana Grande’s Sexy Act is ‘Ridiculous,’ According to Bette Midler
- Bono and Robin Thicke Among the Least Influential People of 2014, Says GQ
- Bryan Adams, Willie Nelson, Cyndi Lauper & More to Play GRAMMY Foundation Legacy Concert
- Remember Jack Buck’s Classic Rendition Of “Silent Night”?
- Pet Of The Week: Bella