David Cook On New Material: “I Can’t Wait To Share It With Everyone”
After a recent performance in Florida at the Downtown Food and Wine Festival, David Cook spoke with our friends at MIX 105.1/Orlando. The former American Idol winner revealed that he’ll be making an appearance on the show next month.
“May 10th we’re going to be back on Idol performing a new song,” he said.
While he couldn’t divulge just what the song will be, he said his new single will premiere on the show. Meanwhile, Cook continues to tour.
“We’ve got some one off shows scattered throughout the spring,” he said. “I’m getting to play with Jon Bon Jovi which I’m really excited about.”
Thank you, Orlando!Fun to be back on stage, and you guys were loud!Loved it!
— David Cook (@thedavidcook) April 1, 2012
Though a video isn’t in the works just yet, he said if enough people buy the song there will likely be a music video to follow.
“We’ve got some stuff coming up that’s very exciting. Some different stuff from me and I can’t wait to share it with everyone,” he said.
Cook confessed that he has missed a few episodes of American Idol, but still tries to watch it when he can. As far as this season goes, he was rooting for Heejun Han but now has a new prediction.
“I really liked Heejun but he just left,” Cook said. “Elise Testone is pretty badass. I think right now, I have to say Elise but we’ll see. I’ve never been able to predict them.”
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Shania Twain Says New Album is In the Works
- Single And Ready To Mingle?
- The Scariest Haunted Houses In St. Louis
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Trish’s Trash: JLo’s big paycheck, Renee speaks
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Taylor Swift Teases New Song ‘Never Go Out of Style’ in Target Commercial: Watch
- UPDATE: Why Everyone Needs To Calm Down About Renee Zellweger
- Interview: Joe Perry on Marriage, His New Memoir and the Future of Aerosmith