While in New York, One Direction talked with CBS Local and explained how they came to find Clarkson’s “Tell Me A Lie.”
“We were in L.A. and we went in to record the song and we got the demo and it was her singing it.,” Harry Styles said. “Obviously, she had written it. We went in and recorded it in L.A.”
Styles confessed though it was a really long recording process, the band enjoyed it.
“For us it was just weird thinking that on X Factor when we started out we performed a Kelly Clarkson song and now she wrote a song for our album. Pretty crazy.”
After the band featured her song, Clarkson shared her approval with Digital Spy. “It’s a really cute song – I love it. I loved that they liked it. They sound really great on it,” she said.
One Direction continue to make a name for themselves around the world as they won a Brit Award for British Single for “What Makes You Beautiful.” The band beat out Adele, Jessie J, and The Wanted, among others for their first Brit Award.
“It was really exciting. It showed how powerful our fans were voting for us,” Niall Horan said. “That award was voted by the public so they could vote for us from anywhere in the world. It was very good to see how strong our fans were. They got right behind us and helped us out.”
Meanwhile, rumors continue to swirl about a possible One Direction and Justin Bieber collaboration.
“It would be cool to work with Justin Bieber. But who knows?” Liam Payne said.
- Annie Reuter CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Alicia Keys Unlocks Her Music Vault On New Interactive Fan Site
- Viral Video: Angels We Have Heard on High by The Piano Guys
- Peter Gabriel Remembers Nelson Mandela: ‘It Leaves an Enormous Hole’
- Low-Cal Cranberry Orange & Walnut Bread
- 2014 Cardinals’ Ticket Details
- More On The Life of The Late Nelson Mandela