Whitney Houston Shines In New “Sparkle” Trailer
TriStar Pictures released the full trailer for Sparkle this week, which co-stars the late Whitney Houston in her final movie role that was to mark her return to the silver screen.
Co-starring former American Idol Jordin Sparks the trailer gives a first look at the movie about sisters following in the musical footsteps of their mother, played by Houston, to create the next big all-girl group of the ’60s.
While Cee-Lo Green, Mike Epps, Derek Luke and Jordin Sparks fill out the cast, Houston’s image looms large in the trailer. Reprising the role of Emma, a struggling mother of three daughters, she offers advice from a woman who has seen it all before.
“Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you,” she said. “It takes a lot of faith to do this, Sparkle.”
Given Houston’s untimely death and reported struggles with substance abuse, her words as Emma give the trailer an extra weight. At 48, Houston was found dead in her hotel bathtub in February, six months before the film’s August release date. Her death has since been attributed to drugs, including cocaine.
Sparkle is due out on Aug. 17th. See full trailer below.
–Erik Parker, CBS Local w/Britt Bickel, The Wave/Los Angeles
Latest from fresh1025.com
- VIDEO: Best Fans In Baseball Respond To Cardinals Social Media Hate
- Fresh 102.5 LLS Walk
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Trish’s Trash: Why do we love when Alex Trebek screws up? Very funny video!
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- CEO of Trillion-Dolar Company Resigns, The Reason Why Might Surprise You
- Trish’s Trash: Bethenny Returns to RHONY, Fall TV, Biebs Cheating?
- Blues Announce Face-Off Week ’14
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again : Watch And Hear Why