Whitney Houston Shines In New “Sparkle” Trailer
TriStar Pictures released the full trailer for Sparkle this week, which co-stars the late Whitney Houston in her final movie role that was to mark her return to the silver screen.
Co-starring former American Idol Jordin Sparks the trailer gives a first look at the movie about sisters following in the musical footsteps of their mother, played by Houston, to create the next big all-girl group of the ’60s.
While Cee-Lo Green, Mike Epps, Derek Luke and Jordin Sparks fill out the cast, Houston’s image looms large in the trailer. Reprising the role of Emma, a struggling mother of three daughters, she offers advice from a woman who has seen it all before.
“Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you,” she said. “It takes a lot of faith to do this, Sparkle.”
Given Houston’s untimely death and reported struggles with substance abuse, her words as Emma give the trailer an extra weight. At 48, Houston was found dead in her hotel bathtub in February, six months before the film’s August release date. Her death has since been attributed to drugs, including cocaine.
Sparkle is due out on Aug. 17th. See full trailer below.
–Erik Parker, CBS Local w/Britt Bickel, The Wave/Los Angeles
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Charli XCX Coming to ‘SNL’
- Sia Offers ‘Iko Iko’ Cover in Pledge on Husband’s Kickstarter Campaign
- The Script’s Video for ‘No Good in Goodbye’ is an Intergalactic Experience: Watch
- Snippet of Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Surfaces: Listen
- Join Us At The Ameren Missouri Festival Of Lights
- Ameren Missouri Thanksgiving Day Parade
- 12 Days of Trish-Mas: I gathered my co-workers for some holiday cheer!
- Michael Buble And Idina Menzel, “Baby It’s Cold Outside,” Has A Killer Video With Adorable Kids
- VIDEO: Our #5 Favorite Holiday Movie/TV Special Of The Season
- Fresh 102.5′s Holiday Lights Photo Contest