Paul McCartney’s Sign Language Needs Some Work
Paul McCartney had the great idea to use sign language in his most recent music video. Unfortunately, some things might have gotten lost in translation.
According to Spinner, the black-and-white clip for “My Valentine” featuring Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp translating the song’s lyrics into sign language makes a few embarrassing mistakes.
Throughout the video, Depp supposedly makes the gesture for “enemy” when he really should be making the motion for “valentine.” Even worse, when the two actors try to make the sign for “agreed” they’re really doing the motion for “tampon.” A spokesperson for the British Deaf Association confirmed this for the music news outlet, but also added that American and British sign language are different.
McCartney directed the video for “My Valentine,” which was based on an idea from his fashion designer daughter, Stella. The song is one of two original songs off of McCartney’s new album Kisses on the Bottom, a collection of standards Paul grew up listening to as a kid.
Watch the video below to see Portman and Depp try their hands at sign language.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger Is Working with Members of One Direction on Music
- Why Brian Littrell Will Be Crying on Opening Night of New Backstreet Boys Doc
- Hozier Covers Ariana Grande’s ‘Problem': Listen
- Missy Elliott Joining Katy Perry at the Super Bowl Halftime Show: Report
- How To Save Time At The Airport
- Katy Perry Explains That ‘Mean Girls’ Tweet Everyone Thinks is About Taylor Swift
- Patriots vs Seahawks Cocktail Drinks
- Trish’s Trash: New Movies this Weekend & Game of Thrones on IMAX
- Katy Perry Goes Beast Mode at Super Bowl Press Conference
- Taylor Swift Hacker Claims to Have Nude Photos for Sale