Save Money with These Great Mother’s Day Gift Ideas!
Mother’s Day is this Sunday! Do you have something awesome picked out for mom yet? If not, don’t worry. We’ve rounded up a ton of inexpensive, yet thoughtful options that you can take advantage this weekend, or even next week. Plus, check out some of the great deals at Fresh 102.5 Local Offers this Mother’s Day…
1. Create a customized ‘Mom’ basket - Over the years, Mom has accumulated quite the collection of less-than-stellar Mother’s Day gifts, from an ill-fitting World’s Best Mom hat to a handwritten haiku from your broke college years. It’s time to treat her to something she’ll really love (and use), with a treat-filled coffee and cake gift assortment from Better World Brands. And if you want to deck it out with gorgeous flowers, check out Local Offers for 50% off at From You Flowers.
2. Help Mom Take Care of Herself with Organic Beauty Care, Yoga or Spa time – Fresh 102.5 Local Offers has great deals going on right now for 50% off sweet homemade soaps from Harmon Acres Soap Company, AND $30 worth of Triology organic skin and hair care products for just $15! If mom enjoys fitness, pick her up a lifetime membership to New Element Yoga for just $29 (normally an $80 value!). You could also check out places like Massage Luxe and Smart Spa in St. Louis have great deals on massages and facials that offer the perfect pampering that mom needs to relax this Mother’s Day.
3. Jewelry & Accessories – Diamonds are girl’s best friend, right? Well, okay you don’t necessarily need to give mom diamonds, but some sweet designer creations from Purple Bee Designs could make the perfect gift. Right now, $20 can get you $40 worth of designer kitchen accessories and jewelry! Or, give Mom a ring (or a necklace, or a bracelet…) and tell her you appreciate her lessons with jewelry that’s as alluring as it is affordable from buzzed-about Marlyn Schiff. At 50% off, you could pick up a few fabulous pieces for yourself too!
4. Charitable Donations – Does your mom have a special cause that she supports? If so, give to her by giving back to others and make a charitable donation to her favorite organization in her name. It’s a heartfelt way to show mom that you care about what she cares about too.
5. Fill Mom’s Gas Tank! – Who doesn’t want free gas?! This is a great practical gift that would be even more appreciated now with gas prices soaring. And if you really want to show her you care, you might even run her car through the car wash — Listen to Fresh 102.5 all week long for your chance to win a $100 gas card from U-Gas for mom!
6. Brunch at Missouri Botanical Garden/Dinner – Take your mom out for brunch among the beautiful and exotic landscapes of the Missouri Botanical Garden. It would make for a nice alternative to the typical breakfast in bed, and is good for any weekend out of the year. Click here to check out their delicious Mother’s Day brunch menu and make reservations at (314) 577-9400. If you’d rather take her for dinner, pick up a $200 Restaurants.com gift card for just $30, and have a choice of dining out at any of St. Louis’ participating restaurants!
7. Muny Tickets – If mom love the theatre, buy her tickets for one of the summer season’s upcoming shows! From Chicago, to Dreamgirls and The King and I, there’s bound to be an upcoming show that mom would love to see.
8. Give Mom an Afternoon at Her Favorite Winery – Everyone loves a good glass (or bottle) of wine, and the chance to unwind with family and friends. Instead of just celebrating Mother’s Day, make it a Mother’s Week – take mom out to Villa Marie Winery any day of the week and let her sample their large selection of fine wines and delicious appetizers. (Open till 9pm on Wednesdays if you want to go to unwind after a long day’s work). They also have live entertainment throughout the week!
9. Take Mom Thrifting! – Lots of moms know that you can find tons of great inexpensive treasures at thrift stores, and there are a number of them around St. Louis. If your mom is a thrift-o-holic, offer to take her on a thrifting spree around St. Louis. She might find some unique antique pieces to add to her home decor, or even some great records that she might have been searching for for years. Since thrift store prices are usually pretty reasonable, a little bit can go a long way.
10. Protect Mom’s Precious Memories – We take videos and pictures to laugh at, to cry at, to decorate with, to share with friends and to share with the world…but also to remember. Though modern-day media is seemingly compatible with every new device these days, the same can’t be said for our old films, slides and vinyl records. PeggyBank is the remarkably easy service that can convert all of mom’s old media into digital files, and store them for free in her personal password protected online PeggyVault, where she can store, see, hear, listen to and share unlimited files anywhere, anytime, with anyone. Get $40 for $100 worth of digital conversion services plus a PeggyBox ($120 value) for mom!
We hope your gifting goes well, and have a fabulous Mother’s Day from Fresh 102.5!