Real Men At Least TRY To Dance
Let’s be honest here–most men are terrified at the idea of dancing. We’ve all seen it up close at any wedding reception, party or dance club. These are the guys who pretend like they’re too cool to hit the dance floor, all the while praying that their bluff is never called.
BTW, it’s no accident that these guys are usually hanging out with a bunch of other like-minded guys.
I never looked at it that way though. WAY back when I was single, my willingness to dance–or at least to try dancing, served me well…and It still does as an old married guy.
According to Reddit.com, here are five REAL tips for guys on how to dance without looking like an idiot.
1. Keep your chin and head up. And make sure you at least LOOK like you’re having a good time. (Act a little if you have too…there’s no shame in that.)
2. Keep your elbows away from your body. (This is important, I’ve seen guys flailing away to the point where they almost knock themselves out.)
3. Don’t forget to move both the upper half of your body AND the lower half. So don’t just move your arms and stand still . . . or shuffle in place without moving your arms. (See Chris Penn’s character in “Footloose”)
4. Get in the middle of the dance floor, don’t stand on the fringes. People are actually MORE likely to notice your bad dancing when you’re alone and awkward on the edge of the dance floor. (Unfortunately, this is a lesson one can only learn the hard way.)
5. Don’t try anything so crazy that you look like you’re out of control or uncoordinated. (See #2…you could knock yourself out…and that’s never appealing to a woman.)
I’ll add my own as well…
6. Be yourself. Stay within your comfort zone. No need to try to emulate this guy!