10 Christmas Gifts For Your College Student
Let’s just say funds are limited when you are a college student, so when you come home for Christmas, hopes are high for good presents under the tree. Help out your hard working college student this Christmas by getting them what they really need before heading back for the second semester!
- Gift Cards: Whether it is for a clothing store, restaurant, iTunes or a gas station, gift cards allow college students to feel like they have some sort of money. Buy your college student a wallet and fill it with gift cards to their favorite places this Christmas!
- Netflix: Living away at school allows students a lot of free time, aside from doing homework, of course. Buy them a variety of their favorite shows and movies with a subscription to Netflix.
- Tickets: Give your student tickets to see their favorite team, upcoming theatre shows, movie tickets or concerts this Christmas! Let them enjoy themselves and celebrate concluding another semester.
- Winter Coat: This may sound a little silly, but walking 10 minutes to class in the snow or rain is not fun. A nice insulated and waterproof coat will keep your college student dry and warm around campus this winter.
- Tablet: A small reading tablet is perfect for a student to carry around campus. Now it can even take the place of their books – many text books offer cheaper eBook versions that are downloadable on a tablet.
- Scrapbook: This may be more time consuming but this gift will last forever. Collect pictures and work from their college years and compile it in a scrapbook, they can look back their memories for years!
- Bathroom Kit: Fill a basket with toilet paper, shampoo and conditioner, face wash, body wash and other bathroom essentials. Students tend to forget they have run out of these every day necessities, or in some cases would rather not use the bit of money they have on them.
- Clothing: Whether it’s the basics like socks, t-shirts and shoes, or something they’ll need in the not-so-distant future, like interview attire, there is a long list of clothing your college student could use.
- Laptop Case: Secure your investment with a little cushion for your student’s computer. Instead of just throwing it in their backpacks, a carrying case will help protect their laptops from scratches and breaks – saving you money in the long run!
- Toaster Oven: If your college student is living in the dorms, this will widen their food selection. This allows for them to cook frozen meals such as pizza in the convenience of their dorm room!